HI FRIENDS!

Welcome to my Blog Spot!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My new part time Job at eRate 360 Solutions!

I have a new job! Well, I've been here since August but it is all still new to me. Somedays I hate it. But isn't that true with any job?!

I work for a company called eRate 360 Solutions. We are based out of Nevada but I am, of course, located in Montgomery, Alabama.

You can visit our website at www.erate360.com to see more of what we are about.

The eRate program is a government funded program that allows school systems and libraries across the nation funding for their internet and phone services. Boring huh? However, I love helping Technology directors and superintendents from all over with this program. I feel, in a way, that I am helping children everywhere get what they need to have a much deserved education.

The schools have to be at a certain income level to be eligible for this program. The income level is based by a few different ways. Main way being by the particular school's "Free and Reduced Lunch Program" participation. The more kids they have involved in the program, the more money they are funded through this program.

The program helps them pay for their internet and phone services so that they can use the money that they would have sent with their bill on something else. You have no idea how much money some of these people are saving by using this program! Some save millions! But every school that participates in the program benefits from it. I have several directors and teachers tell me that if it weren't for this program then they would have no way of getting the updated resources it takes to teach all of these children. It is very heartbreaking at times.

It is a very long, drawn out process though. Like any government program, this one has a ton of forms to fill out and file. You have to keep ALL documentation. And if you mess up, even one time, you run the risk of being banned from the program. Which is where our firm comes in!

Our group of consultants and compliance officers take this job off the hands of many tech directors our there. And not a one is ungrateful or dissatisfied! Some of the bigger districts actually higher on a full time staff member to carry out this job.

While I miss being a full time stay-at-home mama, I find comfort in knowing that in a way I am helping kids everywhere. So anyhow, look us up! And if you know anyone in the school systems that is in need of this program then have them give me a call!! Or you can email me! Number at work is (888) 535-7771 ext 108.

No comments:

Post a Comment